I’m back from my weekend adventure in India, and as always India did not disappoint in terms of interesting sights, sounds and tastes. Too much to fully comment on here so including a bunch of images with short titles. Will explain more back stories and each to those interested later.
A quick summary of the trip is:
- Left Jamnager and went to Ghandi’s birthtplace, Porbander. It was very cool.
- Left Porbander and went to the resort town/island of Dui. It’s interesting cause it’s climatically different. More palm trees. Also it has Portuguese history so the architecture and feel of the place is different.
- Attended some cool things in Dui (the fort, an annual (and strange) Coconut festival, and of course the beach). For the coconut festival we attended was particularly strange. We took many videos of it but found a much better one on You tube via Google. Gotta love the internet. Watch it here. Quite exciting but was safe for us since we stayed well back form the main activity!
- Departed Dui for Junagadh
- Drove thought the Gir forest area and saw monkeys and water buffalo wallowing by the road. Sadly no Lion spotted 😦
- In Junagadh went to the base of the mountain where there is a temple at the top. There are about 9900 steps leading up to the temple at the top. We did not climb more than a few, but were treated to more very cool monkey sightings. This time a tribe of about 50 that let us get very close.
- Headed home, dodging cow, traffic on the wrong side of the road (very common) and huge pot-holes. Driving is an adventure of it’ own. Fortunately the driver we had was excellent and kept us all safe.
Back home now and getting ready for work tomorrow. Big push next week as we continue to get the recommendations and report ready.
Here’s a set of pictures and very short descriptions to match the above.
On the road to Dwarka. People travel hunders of miles but all means, including bikes to converge ont he site on Aug 28th. For more info on Dwarka see Nina’s great post. Here. That where she visited this weekend.