Hello all! Sorry for my lack of posting but I’ve had very poor internet access as I have traveled the Golden Triangle of India. Now that I’m back in Delhi for an evening seems I finally have a good connection again, which likely I will lose next week.
Anyway I wanted to update you a bit on what Leah and I have been up to in the last week so will do a quick summary here. I have MANY pictures and we have lots of interesting stories for when we get back that I wont get into here; but the summary of the week is:
Met Leah in the Delhi terminal 3 airport. It was great to see her after a month!!! Connected up no problem and then we found the airport transfer drive for out G Adventures tour. So super painless process, which is NOT what I expected. 🙂
1. Toured the Gurduwara Sikh Temple. I learned so much here it was terrific. Leah also had fun making Roti in the community kitchen which welcomes and feeds all that visit! Apparently se was pretty good because the other women were doing quality control and she got two Roti perfect!
2. Also went to largest Mosque in India (Jama Masjid Mosque). The scale of the place was totally amazing.
Drove to Agra
1. Got up early in time for the early morning sun at the Taj Mahal. This was a very cool place and turned out to be so much more amazing than I expected. Sorry for the wires in the lower part of this picture, I’ll crop it later 🙂
2. Then went to Agra Fort which is the other major attraction in Agra that has very interesting history
3. Then visited the “Baby Taj” which is really a tomb. It served as the inspiration for the design of the Taj Mahal itself
Drove to Jaipur. On the way stopped at a huge abandoned palace, called Fatehpur Sikri. After much construction they grew too quickly in size and ran out of water so had to move on. It is a impressive place with the largest gate in all of India. I think they said 51 meters high!
Also stopped at a cool step-well, built so villages could more easily get water. This one was very elaborate. Just look at all the steps!!!
Saw the main attractions in Jaipur
Drove to Fort Sawarda.
On the way stopped at a very cool Monkey temple. Where there we of course LOTS of monkeys.
The fun part was waiting them jump from the temple buildings into the main pool in the court-yard. It as very exciting. Also Leah and I to have a very cool Hindu blessing from the priest in the temple.
In Sawarda we toured the village, saw pottery making, watched sun set on the local lake. Nice reflections!
Spent the night in a hotel that was straight out of a scene in the “Exotic Marigold Hotel” movie.
Watched the sun rise over the local Hindu Temple, more nice sun, then drove back to Delhi.
We go to the airport early to depart for our southern part of our adventure in Kerela. It promises to be just as interesting and wonderful. Will post as I can, or worst case show you all the pictures when I return.
My best to all back home!